We all are living in a Mobile-first world. Everyday more no. of users are spending huge amount of time on mobile devices. Mobile Commerce is expanding quickly and that’s why, for marketers; it is must to keep up with the speed. If you are not including some kind of Mobile Marketing strategies in your marketing campaign then you are already drooling behind
Mobile marketing is the all new definition to Digital Marketing. Mobile has become an essential part of our life and consistent use of smartphones in daily life brings forward an idea for the development of this strategy.
What is Mobile Marketing?
Mobile marketing technique is a marketing technique targeted on marketing a business, a product, or a service to mobile (mobiles/tablets/handheld devices) users using mobile-based strategies like SMS, MMS, mobile applications, mobile websites, voice-calls, etc.
How Does Mobile Marketing Work?
Mobile marketing strategies includes of ads that are visible on mobile smartphones, tablets, or other mobile devices. Mobile marketing ad formats, customizes, and styles can differ, as many social media platforms, websites, and mobile apps offer their own unique and customized mobile ad options.
Why You Need a Mobile Marketing Strategy
Your business wants a mobile marketing strategies in the same way like you need a computer and wi-fi access – this is the age in which we live! Walk around any major city and you’ll find more than just a few folks with faces glued to their smartphone screens. As per the recent observations, almost 40% of users’ internet time is spent on mobile devices, which means simply avoiding the rise of mobile just isn’t an option.
Some other interesting mobile marketing statistics:
- Around 80% of smartphone device time in spent on apps, with game apps eating up the largest percent of app time
- People surf 70% more web pages on tablets as compared to on smartphones
- Retail conversion rates are approx. 2.1% on tablets, relatively higher than 0.7% on smartphones, but traditional PC conversion rates are still at the peak with 3.3%
- Mobile searches have risen 200% year over year in 2012
- Mobile is predicted to be better than desktop in 2014
Why Mobile Marketing?
Why is mobile marketing so important today? You may not completely be known, but let’s explore some of the reasons to pay undivided attention to it:
1) Reach: When reach is something one should be worry about, there’s nothing easier than a mobile phone to reach your target audience. 80% smartphone users reported that their phone is the first thing they go through in the morning, and they keep their phone near them throughout the day.
But that’s not done. An average mobile phone user spends 90 minutes a day on their phone, while the US consumers spend as much as 220 minutes a day on their phones. This average time is increasing every day. There couldn’t be any other simpler way to connect with your consumers. You can reach them anywhere, anytime, as long as you have strong mobile marketing techniques in place
2) Personal: A mobile or a smartphone is a personal device. According to a research study, 91% mobile phone users keep their phone within one’s comfort reach throughout the day. When you connect with your consumers through mobile, your brand is put in the same category as the friends and relatives of the user.
Customers connect better with brands that build a one-to-one connection with them, and there’s nothing better than a mobile phone to establish this personal connection.
3) Instant: If you have to send a message quickly to your customers, what channel would you choose?
As per the reports, 90% of the text messages are read in less than three minutes, while in another observation it was shown that text messages have 98% open rate.
Mobile marketing techniques doesn’t just have an enormous reach but it delivers the message quickly. Unlike email marketing where response rate is just 6%, text messages have an exceptional response rate of 45%.
Text messages are delivered instantly, are read instantly, and produce staggering results for brands.
4) Mobile e-commerce: Customers probably buy from their mobile devices. More than 40% of time invested on the internet is on mobile phones. As much as 78% of mobile phone searches resulted in a successful purchase.
Mobile commerce is instantly rising and is expected to dominate e-commerce in the future. Mobile commerce features 34% of world-wide e-commerce in 2016, and it’s expected to rise by 31% by 2017. There is no excuse for businesses to still avoid mobile marketing services.
5) Cost-effective: Mobile marketing services are extremely cost-effective relatively to other marketing techniques.
For example, running an ad on TV is way expensive than running a SMS campaign or creating a mobile optimized website. So you’ll make more money in the overall.
6) Customer engagement: Your customers will trust you better if they have a good experience with your brand on their mobile phones.
As per the reports, approx. 61% of people develop a good opinion of brands when they do not face any issue visiting the website from their mobile phones.
Top Mobile Marketing Companies
- Traffic Digital Agency
A mobile marketing strategy is not a single effort, but it is a large chunk of any long-term or short-term marketing campaign—and its importance is only growing. From email, to PPC, to SEO, to content, to social media marketing, there is a mobile marketing medium to reach every part of your audience where they are most comfortable.